Sunday, February 15, 2015

Nursery Fit for a Princess

When it finally hit me that I was actually having a baby (when I was around 3 months pregnant), I got right to work on planning the nursery... meaning I started a Pinterest board. We found out we were having a baby girl and after ordering some furniture I realized I would actually really have to start planning the nursery. While I played around with baby names, I joked that the baby's name was Genvieve, a name from my high school French textbooks, and she was French. From there, I decided on a France themed nursery in which to raise my French baby.

We were renting at the time and knew we'd be moving sometime in the next year, so we didn't alter the floor or walls, but prepared for baby to evict me from my office.

I think we did ok going from this:




To this:





After not even 5 short months in that room, we had to pack it all up and move. Of course upon moving into the new house, we had to get straight to work on the most important room - the nursery!

Unfortunately, we didn't quite have a blank slate. The room we were working with was covered in wallpaper with bright red carpet and a black chandelier.




We took down the wallpaper, pulled up the carpet, painted, and got our hardwood floors refinished while the baby was in a temporary room with even worse carpeting ("the vomit room") and even spent a few days living in the dining room.

All the work and moving from room to room was worth it because in the end we created a beautiful nursery for our little French princess.








No comments:

Post a Comment